Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Heinen <mi...@recommind.com> on 2009/12/10 12:56:56 UTC

duplicate component ids after mirgration to JSF 1.2

I have massive problems with duplicate component ids after updating:
- myFaces from 1.1.6 to 1.2.8
- tomahawk from 1.1.7 to tomahawk12-1.1.9
- tomhahawk sandbox from 1.1.7 to 1.1.9
- richfaces from 3.1.5 to 3.3.2 (api,impl and ui)
- tiles from 1 to 2.0.5

The curious thing is that unique ids are claimed to be a duplicate.
If I rename such an id to another one with a random number then this id is claimed!

Sample stack:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: duplicate Id for a component searches
      at org.ajax4jsf.application.TreeStructureNode.apply(TreeStructureNode.java:68)
      at org.ajax4jsf.application.TreeStructureNode.apply(TreeStructureNode.java:92)
[...]
      at org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxStateManager.getTreeStructureToSave(AjaxStateManager.java:187)
      at org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxStateManager.buildViewState(AjaxStateManager.java:498)
      at org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxStateManager.saveView(AjaxStateManager.java:462)
      at org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl.renderTilesView(JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl.java:211)

Sample tag:
<t:div id="searches" forceId="true">

I use this tag with forceId many times (with different ids of course) and on some pages I get the duplicate id exceptions!
I don't use c-tags, scriptlets or other "dirty" tags and the ebove div is not inside collection tags like datatable or datalist. I cannot see any pattern in this kind of error.

Are there any known issues regarding duplicate ids or the tree creation?
Is this rather a myfaces, tomahawk or richfaces issue?

Thanks,
Michael

AW: Antwort: duplicate component ids after mirgration to JSF 1.2

Posted by "Günther, Rene - Innflow AG" <re...@innflow.com>.
Another cause could be the use of <%@include file Tags . I dont know whether
that falls in the dirty tag category :)

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Testing some examples to debug myfaces core 2.0, it was found the solution
for this problem. See:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1834

for details.

regards,