Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Eric Zhang <yu...@ualberta.ca> on 2004/02/19 01:00:28 UTC

Insert big file

Hi:
  I have some pretty big file to insert to the database. I tried the
example on the website, which use the string to store the content ,and
it doesn't work, probably because the string object can not hold that
big amount of data.
  What I wan to do is using other ways to load a fairly big xml file to
the database. I tried following, which don't work:

	1) I feed the byte[] to XMLResourceImpl constructor in order to
	   create a xmlresource object
	2) I create an DOM object and use XMLResource's setContentAsDOM

How can I load a big xml file into database without worring about the
limit on a string object?

  Thanks
--
Yue(Eric) Zhang
Database Analyst/DBA, TAPoR Project

Re: Insert big file

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@tagish.com>.
Eric Zhang wrote:
> How can I load a big xml file into database without worring about the
> limit on a string object?

Strings can be pretty big - there's no limit inherent in the
implementation of String that you're likely to run into. How big is 'big'?

--
Andy Armstrong, Tagish