Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Gerben <ge...@treora.com.INVALID> on 2021/08/08 10:55:52 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.2.0(-rc.1)

On 31/07/2021 02.00, Nick Kew wrote:
> Since it's now the wee hours here, I'll return to this under
> a new user tomorrow.  Bug me if I don't followup within 24 hours
> (bugging me would've been in order when I didn't reply within 72
> hours of your original VOTE call).

Hi Nick, sorry to have taken so long to bug you. :)

We have not seen any binding votes on the incubator-general list so far;
do you think we should bug others there too?

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.2.0(-rc.1)

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
> On 8 Aug 2021, at 11:55, Gerben <ge...@treora.com> wrote:
>
> On 31/07/2021 02.00, Nick Kew wrote:
>> Since it's now the wee hours here, I'll return to this under
>> a new user tomorrow.  Bug me if I don't followup within 24 hours
>> (bugging me would've been in order when I didn't reply within 72
>> hours of your original VOTE call).
>>
> Hi Nick, sorry to have taken so long to bug you. :)

Heh.  Thanks!

I aborted my attempts on the Debian box.  I've just gone through
checking it all on the machine I've got set up with the nodejs and yarn
toolchain and had tested annot-0.1.  I had to update the toolchain, but
eventually all worked.

Download fine.  PGP signature fine once I'd found a keyserver that
would still serve me!  Build and tests fine with the right toolchain.
Administrivia look OK.

+1

One query (not a hurdle to incubating release): with nothing of interest
in NOTICE, is there a strong reason for DISCLAIMER-WIP rather than
a clean DISCLAIMER?

> We have not seen any binding votes on the incubator-general list so far; do you think we should bug others there too?

Probably - especially the other mentors.  Aren't any of the folks who
already voted here on the IPMC and hence binding?

--
Nick Kew