Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Walt Scheper <wa...@dhhs.nc.gov> on 2014/08/19 12:40:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.4.10 mod_cache caching too much

We are running Apache 2.4.10 with mod_disk_cache on Win 64 with binaries
from ApacheLounge. Users are printing report data and getting what we
assume is a cached copy of an older version of the PDF report. The
incorrect PDF output does not reflect changes made by the client and
reflected in the browser window. This started with implementation of
2.4.10 yesterday morning. We failed back to Apache 2.2.25 and the
problem was resolved. We can reproduce and test this problem in our UAT
environment.

  Apache 2.4.10 works as front end for TomCat 7.0.55 using mod_jk.
TomCat is our middleware server for SAP Business Objects R4 SP9. Reports
are generated from BO Web Intelligence and printed to PDF. Same caching
problem for output to Excel.

We have experimented with varying mod_cache directives. We have not
adjusted the CacheIgnoreURLSessionIdentifiers jsessionid bttoken as this
was the recommended setting from SAP Business Objects.

We would appreciate any help you might provide.

The mod_cache parameters are:

#
#
#
#====================Configure mod_cache==============
<IfModule mod_cache.c>
#Address the Thundering Herd identified in Apache’s Caching Guide
CacheLock on
CacheLockPath D:/apache_mod_cache/lock
CacheLockMaxAge 5

#This parameter tells Apache to ignore unique session identifiers #when
caching static content.
#SAP BI Platform 4.0 uses the strings jsessionid and bttoken to identify
user sessions.
CacheIgnoreURLSessionIdentifiers jsessionid bttoken

#Don’t cache cookies as they are unique per user
CacheIgnoreHeaders Set-Cookie
#Enable mod_disk_cache instead of mod_mem_cache

# 2.4 version is <IfModule mod_cache_disk.c>
<IfModule mod_cache_disk.c>
CacheRoot D:/apache_mod_cache/cacheroot
CacheEnable disk /
CacheDirLevels 2
CacheDirLength 1
CacheMaxFileSize 1000000
CacheMinFileSize 64
CacheDefaultExpire 3600
CacheMaxExpire 86400
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

--

_________________________________

Walt Scheper
N.C. Department of Health and Human Services
Client Services Data Warehouse, Division of Information Resource Management
815 Palmer Dr, Dobbins Bldg Room 235
Raleigh, NC 27603
(Office) 919-855-3253
walt.scheper@dhhs.nc.gov
http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dirm/

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.10 mod_cache caching too much

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 6:40 AM, Walt Scheper <wa...@dhhs.nc.gov> wrote:
> We have experimented with varying mod_cache directives. We have not adjusted
> the CacheIgnoreURLSessionIdentifiers jsessionid bttoken as this was the
> recommended setting from SAP Business Objects.

What are the original response headers for the file that gets
unexpectedly cached?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com