Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Cami <ca...@mweb.co.za> on 2004/12/07 06:56:43 UTC

ESMTP/SMTP+SpamAssassin

Hi All,

I'm running Postfix in conjunction with a Policy Daemon
and i've started noticing that the large majority of
Spam that hits our borders do NOT speak ESMTP.

Has anyone else noticed this? The reason why i'm asking
here is because using the Policy Daemon, i'm able to
inject a X-Header field which states whether the remote/
connecting host talks ESMTP or straight SMTP and can
then ofcourse get SpamAssassin to score highly on this.

Can anyone either confirm or deny this? (perhaps
looking/digging through their spam/ham corpus?)

Regards,
Cami