Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com> on 2013/11/05 10:32:24 UTC

Question about OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody policy assertion

Hello everyone,

What is the meaning of OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody policy assertion ?

I looked at http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702/ws-securitypolicy-1.2-spec-os.html.
As we are using asymmetric binding, the only description I got in this spec is :
"/sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody

This optional element is a policy assertion that indicates that the [Entire Header And Body Signatures] property is set to 'true'."

My interpretation of the sentence above is that, if this assertion is used for a web service endpoint it means that the client has to generate a signature for all SOAP headers and the body of the SOAP request he has to send: am I right or wrong ?
Best Regards.

________________________________
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus

RE: Question about OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody policy assertion

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com>.
Hello Colm,

Thank you so much to clarify this for me :-)

Best Regards.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Yes, that is correct.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

RE: Question about OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody policy assertion

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

--