Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by dg...@hyperreal.com on 1997/03/25 21:52:01 UTC

Changed information for PR mod_cgi/217

Synopsis: CGI applications not closing properly when child process is not allowed to complete.

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 25 12:52:00 PST 1997
State-Changed-Why:
NPH cgis output is attached directly to the socket that goes
to the client.  So if your script is blocked writing then it
is due to network latency.  There's not much apache can do about
that... you will have to implement a timer in your CGI.  nph
is really messy.  Sorry.

Re: Changed information for PR mod_cgi/217

Posted by Bruce Nelson <bn...@css.filenet.com>.
Thanks for the info...

I figured that would be the answer -- we are already working
on some sort of timer mechanism to solve the problem

Thanks!

--
The Web Team - Service Automation

--better living through programming--