Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2010/09/08 09:52:23 UTC

[vote] Declare r991881 as 6.0 milestone 3

I have created signed source archives for revision r991881 of trunk and
made them available at:

  http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/milestones/6.0M3/

Please test these artifacts and then vote for declaring these source
archives as 6.0 Milestone 3.

This vote will be open for at least three days, or until all binding
votes have been cast (if earlier).

If the vote is successful, binary builds from these artifacts will be
made available on the download page in addition to these source
archives.

Regards,
 Mark.

Re: [vote] Declare r991881 as 6.0 milestone 3

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
+1

I've used these artifacts to build and test:

 * linux x86 and x86_64 packages
 * debian x86 and x86_64 packages[0]
 * windows x86 and x86_64 packages
 * freebsd x86 and x86_64 packages

I also ran tests from some other apache projects (such as
common-collections) but only on the linux x86 and x86_64 packages.

I also checked a random selection of manifests, notice, license files
within the built artifacts.

-Mark

[0] I actually see instrument test failures on these but they are not
    regressions.

Re: [website] updating download page (was: Re: [result] [vote] Declare r991881 as 6.0 milestone 3)

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <20...@d06av04.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>,
Mark Hindess writes:

> In message <4C...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> > > FYI: I did a "test" commit to the staging web site yesterday ... and
> > > it hasn't updated yet.  I'll try to chase this up later.
> >
> > You mean r996516 ? I see the changes to the staging site [1], and
> > didn't see you do the merge to the 'live' branch yet.
> >
> > [1] http://harmony.staging.apache.org/subcomponents/classlibrary/status.htm
>
> Oops.  I must have followed the link and that was a fully-qualified URL
> so it took me away from staging.apache.org.  I think the links should be
> relative or at least relative to the root of the site to avoid this.
>
> I'll do the merge shortly.

The merge from trunk to branches/live worked.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 14/Sep/2010 15:46, Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <4C...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

>>> Thanks Tim.
>>>
>>> I've copied the artifacts to the dist tree now.
>> I'll do the download webpage and news/announce unless anyone else wants
>> to do it.
>
> FYI: I did a "test" commit to the staging web site yesterday ... and
> it hasn't updated yet.  I'll try to chase this up later.

You mean r996516 ?  I see the changes to the staging site [1], and
didn't see you do the merge to the 'live' branch yet.

[1] http://harmony.staging.apache.org/subcomponents/classlibrary/status.html

Regards,
Tim

Re: [result] [vote] Declare r991881 as 6.0 milestone 3

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
  +1 - build/testing looks good on Windows x86 to me, no regressions.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [vote] Declare r991881 as 6.0 milestone 3

Posted by Prashanth K S <pr...@gmail.com>.
Reran the luni module alone on M2 HDK snapshot and M3 and ensured network
connectivity and turned off firewalls. So some of the failures below are
gone. Attached are the build output files for reference

Regressions are shown below (Passed in M2 and Failed in M3):
RandomAccessFileTest
ScannerTest

There are some exceptions which are common in both these builds
SystemProcessTest - SocketTimeoutException
TimerTest - RuntimeException

I don't think the above failures are too much of an issue. So that's +1 from
me for the M3 build :-)

--
Regards
Prashanth

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <AA...@mail.gmail.com>,
Prashanth K S writes:

> [SNIP ... stuff I will read and comment on later.]
>
> I don't have a 6.0 M2 setup with me. I will download the src and set it up
> to confirm if the above are regressions.

FYI: you could just grab the hdk binary from the download site and run:

  ant -f harmony-6.0-hdk-946981/build/test/build.xml -Dbuild.module=luni

to run just the luni tests (since the tests to investigate are in this
module).

Posted by Prashanth K S <pr...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 10 September 2010 20:04, Prashanth K S <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Downloaded the src and built it on Windows x86 - No build issues. The test
> failures are as listed below. Its quite big for the RI. I guess the awt and
> the swing components can be exempted, as per the discussion for the 5.0
> milestone. Attachments are too heavy to attach in this mail.
>
> Made sure no firewalls were blocking ports. The socket failures are not
> because of that.
>
> I am not sure of a +1 here. If the RI tests are known before, then its ok,
> but still the list seems to be too big to be ignored.
>
> Kindly let me know if I have missed something here.

What do you mean by the "RI tests"?

I'm not sure what you are running ... it should be sufficient to just
do a check-out followed by
$ ant fetch-depends
$ ant build
$ ant test

Regards,
Tim

Re: [vote] Declare r991881 as 6.0 milestone 3

Posted by Prashanth K S <pr...@gmail.com>.
[...]

RI  (Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b06)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.0-b16, mixed mode, sharing)
---
[junit] TEST javax.accessibility.AccessibleAttributeSequenceTest FAILED
[junit] TEST javax.accessibility.AccessibleResourceBundleTest FAILED
[junit] TEST javax.accessibility.AccessibleTextSequenceTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.jar.Pack200Test
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.zip.CheckedInputStreamTest FAILED

[junit] TEST javax.security.auth.PrivateCredentialPermissionTest FAILED
[junit] TEST javax.security.auth.SubjectTest FAILED
[junit] TEST javax.security.auth.x500.X500PrincipalTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.auth.module.NTLoginModuleTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.internal.kerberos.v5.KDCReplyTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.internal.kerberos.v5.KerberosErrorMessageTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.internal.kerberos.v5.KrbConfigTest FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.javax.security.auth.callback.ConfirmationCallbackTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.javax.security.auth.kerberos.DelegationPermissionTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.javax.security.auth.kerberos.KerberosKeyTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.javax.security.auth.kerberos.KerberosTicketTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.jgss.GSSManagerImplTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.jgss.GSSUtilsTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.jgss.kerberos.KerberosNameTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.jgss.kerberos.KerberosUtilsTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.login.DefaultConfigParserTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.login.DefaultConfigurationTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.module.KeyStoreLoginModuleTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.module.LoginModuleUtilsTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.ietf.jgss.GSSExceptionTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.ietf.jgss.GSSManagerTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.ietf.jgss.OidTest FAILED

[junit] TEST java.awt.AccessibleAWTCanvasTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.AccessibleAWTContainerTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.BorderLayoutTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.CheckboxTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.ComponentRTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.FileDialogTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.FlowLayoutTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.GridBagLayoutTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.KeyboardFocusManagerTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.PolygonTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.ScrollPaneAdjustableTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.TextComponentTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.TextFieldTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.WindowTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.color.ICC_TransformRTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavorTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.datatransfer.SystemFlavorMapTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.event.InputEventTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.event.InputMethodEventTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.event.KeyEventTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.event.MouseEventTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.event.MouseWheelEventTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.font.TextHitInfoTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.font.TextLayoutTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.AffineTransformTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.Arc2DTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.AreaTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.CubicCurve2DTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.GeneralPathTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.Point2DDoubleTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.Point2DFloatTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.QuadCurve2DTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.Rectangle2DDoubleTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.Rectangle2DFloatTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.geom.RoundRectangle2DTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.image.BufferedImageGetTypeTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.image.IndexColorModelRTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.awt.image.RasterTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.ListenerListTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.gl.MultiRectAreaLineCashTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.gl.MultiRectAreaRTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.gl.MultiRectAreaRectCashTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.gl.MultiRectAreaTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.tests.java.awt.font.NumericShaperTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.awt.tests.java.awt.font.TransformAttributeTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.tests.nativebridge.PointerPointerTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.wtk.ShutdownThreadTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.wtk.SynchronizerTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.tests.java.awt.WinFontMetricsTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.awt.tests.java.awt.WinFontTest FAILED

[junit] TEST java.beans.ClassPersistenceDelegateTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.beans.ProxyPersistenceDelegateTest FAILED
[junit] TEST java.beans.StringPersistenceDelegateTest FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.beans.tests.java.beans.DefaultPersistenceDelegateTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.beans.tests.java.beans.EventHandlerTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.beans.tests.java.beans.ExpressionTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.beans.tests.java.beans.IntrospectorTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.beans.tests.java.beans.PropertyChangeSupportTest FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.beans.tests.java.beans.PropertyEditorManagerRegressionTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.spec.SecretKeySpecTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.Cipher_Impl1Test
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.Cipher_ImplTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.EncryptedPrivateKeyInfo_ImplTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.ExemptionMechanism_ImplTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.KeyAgreement_Impl1Test FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.KeyAgreement_ImplTest FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.KeyGenerator_ImplTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.Mac_ImplTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.SecretKeyFactory_Impl1Test
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.crypto.tests.javax.crypto.SecretKeyFactory_ImplTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.tests.tools.javac.MainTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.tests.tools.serialver.Test FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.tools.toolutils.tests.KeyStoreLoaderSaverTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.internal.parser.LdapRdnParserTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.dns.DNSContextTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.dns.DNSNameParserTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.dns.DNSPseudoURLTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.AddOpTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.BindOpTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.CompareOpTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.DeleteOpTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.ExtendedOpTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.FilterTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.LdapAttributeTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.LdapContextImplTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.LdapContextServerMockedTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.LdapControlTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.LdapMessageTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.LdapNamingEnumerationTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.LdapResultTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.LdapSchemaContextTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.LdapSearchResultTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.LdapUtilsTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.ModifyDNOpTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.ModifyOpTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.ReferralExceptionTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.SearchOpTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.asn1.ASN1ChoiceWrapTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.asn1.ASN1LdapFilterTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.asn1.UtilsTest FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.event.PersistentSearchControlTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.ext.StartTlsResponseImplTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.ldapURLContextTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.parser.FilterParserTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.parser.LdapUrlParserTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.provider.ldap.sasl.SaslBindTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.BinaryRefAddrTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.CompoundNameTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.InvalidNameExceptionTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.LinkRefTest FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.NoInitialContextExceptionTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.NotContextExceptionTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.ReferenceTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.StringRefAddrTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.directory.BasicAttributeTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.directory.BasicAttributesTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.directory.SearchResultTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.ldap.LdapNameTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.ldap.StartTlsRequestTest FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.spi.ResolveResultTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.ClassType.InvokeMethodTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.ClassType.NewInstanceTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.ClassType.SetValues002Test
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.DebuggerOnDemand.OnthrowDebuggerLaunchTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.Events.CombinedEvents002Test
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.ObjectReference.GetValues002Test FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.ObjectReference.SetValues003Test FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.ObjectReference.SetValuesTest FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.ReferenceType.GetValues002Test FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.ReferenceType.GetValues004Test FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.jretools.tests.keytool.GenKeyTest FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.jretools.tests.toolutils.KeyStoreLoaderSaverTest FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.lang.management.tests.java.lang.management.MemoryNotificationInfoTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.lang.management.tests.java.lang.management.MemoryUsageTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.lang.management.ClassLoadingMXBeanImplTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.lang.management.CompilationMXBeanImplTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.lang.management.GarbageCollectorMXBeanImplTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.lang.management.LoggingMXBeanImplTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.lang.management.MemoryMXBeanImplTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.lang.management.MemoryManagerImplTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.lang.management.MemoryPoolMXBeanImplTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.lang.management.OperatingSystemMXBeanImplTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.lang.management.RuntimeMXBeanImplTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.lang.management.ThreadInfoTest FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.logging.tests.java.util.logging.FormatterTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.logging.tests.java.util.logging.LoggerTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.logging.tests.java.util.logging.XMLFormatterTest FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.internal.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnectionTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.internal.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnectionTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.internal.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.BufferedReaderTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.ConsoleTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.FileOutputStreamTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.FilePermissionTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.FileTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.OutputStreamTesterTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.RandomAccessFileTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.SerializationStressTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.WriterTesterTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.CharacterImplTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.CharacterTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.DoubleTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.FloatTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.Process2Test FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.ThreadGroupTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.ThreadTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.reflect.FieldTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.DatagramSocketTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.HttpCookieTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.HttpURLConnectionTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.IDNTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.InetAddressTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.InetSocketAddressTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.JarURLConnectionTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.MulticastSocketTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.ServerSocketTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.SocketPermissionTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.SocketTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URITest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLClassLoaderTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLConnectionTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.ArrayListTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.ArraysTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.CalendarTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.CollectionsTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.CurrencyTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.EnumMapTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.EnumSetTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.FormatterTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.GregorianCalendarTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.HashMapTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.LocaleTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.ScannerTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.SimpleTimeZoneTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.TimeZoneTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.TimerTaskTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.TreeMapTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.VectorTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.util.Base64Test FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.util.HistoricalNamesUtilTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.util.NYITest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.util.UtilTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.internal.nls.MessagesTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.FileCanonPathCacheTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLClassLoaderImplTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.tests.java.math.BigDecimalCompareTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.math.BigDecimalTest FAILED
[junit] TEST tests.api.java.math.BigIntegerTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.AddressUtilTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.ByteBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.CharBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DirectByteBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DirectCharBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DirectDoubleBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DirectFloatBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DirectIntBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DirectLongBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DirectShortBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DoubleBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DuplicateDirectByteBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DuplicateHeapByteBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.DuplicateWrappedByteBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.FloatBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.HeapByteBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.HeapCharBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.HeapDoubleBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.HeapFloatBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.HeapIntBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.HeapLongBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.HeapShortBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.IntBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.LongBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.ShortBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.SliceDirectByteBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.SliceHeapByteBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.SliceWrappedByteBufferTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.WrappedByteBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.WrappedDoubleBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.WrappedFloatBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.WrappedIntBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.WrappedLongBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.WrappedShortBufferTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.ChannelsTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.FileChannelTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.SocketChannelTest FAILED
[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.nio_char.tests.java.nio.charset.ASCIICharsetEncoderTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.nio_char.tests.java.nio.charset.CharsetTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.ASCCharsetDecoderTest FAILED
[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.CharsetDecoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.CharsetProviderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.CharsetTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.GBCharsetDecoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.GBCharsetEncoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.ISOCharsetDecoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.ISOCharsetEncoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.UTF16BECharsetDecoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.UTF16BECharsetEncoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.UTF16CharsetDecoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.UTF16CharsetEncoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.UTF16LECharsetDecoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.UTF16LECharsetEncoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.UTFCharsetDecoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST tests.api.java.nio.charset.UTFCharsetEncoderTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.pack200.tests.ArchiveTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.pack200.tests.BHSDCodecTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.pack200.tests.CodecEncodingTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.pack200.tests.CodecTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.pack200.tests.NewAttributeBandsTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.pack200.tests.PopulationCodecTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.pack200.tests.RunCodecTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.ArchiveTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.AttributeLayoutMapTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.AttributeLayoutTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.BandSetTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.BcBandsTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.CPUTF8Test FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.ClassBandsTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.ClassVersionTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.CodeAttributeTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.ICTupleTest FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.SegmentConstantPoolArrayCacheTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.SegmentConstantPoolTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.SegmentOptionsTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.SegmentTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.SegmentUtilsTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.bytecode.ByteCodeTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.bytecode.ClassFileEntryTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.bytecode.ConstantPoolTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST
org.apache.harmony.prefs.tests.java.util.prefs.AbstractPreferencesTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.prefs.tests.java.util.prefs.PreferencesTest
FAILED

[junit] TEST javax.print.attribute.AttributeSetUtilitiesTest FAILED
[junit] TEST javax.print.attribute.SetOfIntegerSyntaxTest FAILED
[junit] TEST javax.print.attribute.standard.MediaSizeTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.tests.java.util.regex.Pattern2Test FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.tests.java.util.regex.PatternErrorTest
FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.tests.java.util.regex.PatternTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.tests.java.util.regex.SplitTest FAILED

[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.rmi.ConnectionTest FAILED
[junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.rmi.RegistryTest FAILED

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
+1 based on my testing on WinXPSP3/IA32/MSVC2003+MSVC2008

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Catherine Hope <ca...@googlemail.com>.
+1 (from a non-committer) - I built and ran the tests on the tar.gz on Linux
x86-32 (running 2.6.32-21-generic #32-Ubuntu with gcc version 4.4.3) with no
unexpected failures.

Re: [vote] Declare r991881 as 6.0 milestone 3

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 08/Sep/2010 12:53, sebb wrote:
> On 8 September 2010 12:35, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The signing key has RSA key ID 8050390C.
>>> Although it is listed in public key servers, it is not listed in
>>>    http://www.apache.org/dist/harmony/KEYS
>>> which is where all keys are supposed to be obtained, according to:
>>>    http://harmony.apache.org/download.cgi#verify
>> yeah, I got a copy from SVN, but I see Mark has now updated the dist
>> copy too.
>>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> The top-level NOTICE file contains the following text:
>>>
>>> ====
>>> The Apache Harmony Development Kit (HDK) contains a jar file from the
>>> Apache Derby Project for which the following notice applies:
>>>
>>> Apache Derby
>>> Copyright 2004-2007 The Apache Software Foundation
>>>
>>> This product includes software developed by
>>> The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
>>> ====
>>>
>>> I think this is superfluous, as the first few lines of the file should
>>> be enough to cover ASF code.
>> I don't follow your point here?  You think we should remove these lines,
>> specifically, but presumably keep in the required attributions following
>> that were passed through from our use of Derby, right?
>
> I see now - ignore my comment.
>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> The top-level LICENSE file refers to Apache Yoko (incubation).
>>>
>>> Apache Yoko is no longer part of the incubator; it has been dissolved,
>>> and parts moved to Geronimo and CXF.
>>> So long as Harmony is using the Geronimo or CXF code, there should be
>>> no need to mention Yoko.
>>> I don't know what the procedure is if Harmony is using the Yoko code
>>> that remain in the Incubator; you should probably ask on
>>> Legal-discuss.
>> The code hasn't changed status, but I see there is a 1.1 release
>> available now so let's add a TODO to move up to that and pick it up from
>> Geronimo.
>>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> The following files don't have AL headers and are not listed in rat.excludes:
>>>
>>> classlib/doc/overview.html
>>> classlib/modules/imageio/src/test/java/META-INF/services/javax.imageio.spi.CorrectProviderConfiguration
>>> classlib/modules/imageio/src/test/java/META-INF/services/javax.imageio.spi.IncorrectProviderConfiguration
>>> debian/README.Debian
>>> debian/patches/01-ignore.suffix.on.samsa.tools.diff
>>> debian/rules
>>> drlvm/make/classlib.override.file.patterns
>>> drlvm/vm/thread/src/doxyfile
>>> ibm-v4/make/classlib.override.file.patterns
>>>
>>> Some of these files should probably have an AL header.
>> I'm quite comfortable that there is no ambiguity here, so nothing to be
>> concerned about.
>
> Huh? What's ambiguous?

Nothing, I said there was no ambiguity -- over the terms under which
people receive those files.

> Either the file should have an AL header, in which case add the
> header, otherwise add the exclusion.

+1

Regards,
Tim

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> available now so let's add a TODO to move up to that and pick it up from
> Geronimo.
>
>> ---
>>
>> The following files don't have AL headers and are not listed in rat.excludes:
>>
>> classlib/doc/overview.html
>> classlib/modules/imageio/src/test/java/META-INF/services/javax.imageio.spi.CorrectProviderConfiguration
>> classlib/modules/imageio/src/test/java/META-INF/services/javax.imageio.spi.IncorrectProviderConfiguration
>> debian/README.Debian
>> debian/patches/01-ignore.suffix.on.samsa.tools.diff
>> debian/rules
>> drlvm/make/classlib.override.file.patterns
>> drlvm/vm/thread/src/doxyfile
>> ibm-v4/make/classlib.override.file.patterns
>>
>> Some of these files should probably have an AL header.
>
> I'm quite comfortable that there is no ambiguity here, so nothing to be

Huh? What's ambiguous?

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <AA...@mail.gmail.com>,
sebb writes:

> On 8 September 2010 08:52, Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have created signed source archives for revision r991881 of trunk and
> > made them available at:
> >
> >  http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/milestones/6.0M3/
>
> The signing key has RSA key ID 8050390C.
> Although it is listed in public key servers, it is not listed in
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/harmony/KEYS
> which is where all keys are supposed to be obtained, according to:
>    http://harmony.apache.org/download.cgi#verify

Fixed.  It was checked in at:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/KEYS

but not copied across to http://www.apache.org/dist/harmony/KEYS