Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by AChahal <ak...@qasource.com> on 2010/05/25 13:57:26 UTC

Clicking a link just refreshes a page, No Listner function is invoked.

Hi All,

I am facing a problem with wicket i.e.
There are few links on my page. On Clicking any link for first time, page
just refreshes, but attached listener is not called. For later clicks, it
works correctly.

It has been observed that, for first click it invokes wicket's
'newRequestCycle' method but never reaches listener eg. onClick().

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

Re: Clicking a link just refreshes a page, No Listner function is invoked.

Posted by AChahal <ak...@qasource.com>.
Hi Francis,

Thanks for your reply....

It happen on restarting the server and clearing the browser cache. For first
and second click on link nothing happens it just refreshes the page, but for
later clicks its working fine...

This problem is occurring for Link type components, with which some listener
(onClick, onSubmit) is associated. There is not problem with Links which
redirects to some other page in the application like 'BookmarkableTabLink'
is working fine.

Moreover, this problem is with IE, for FF there no problem at all.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
A.Chahal

Re: Clicking a link just refreshes a page, No Listner function is invoked.

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi AChahal,

Do you have this after a redeploy or after keeping the page open for
some time? Could it be because the session expired and wicket went
back to the home page? We have the same issue for our login page, if
we wait longer that the session timeout and log in wicket redisplays
the login page without a session timeout warning. Not sure if this is
expected...

Cheers,
Francis

http://www.somatik.be

Re: Clicking a link just refreshes a page, No Listner function is invoked.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Please create a quickstart.

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 6:57 AM, AChahal <ak...@qasource.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am facing a problem with wicket i.e.
> There are few links on my page. On Clicking any link for first time, page
> just refreshes, but attached listener is not called. For later clicks, it
> works correctly.
>
> It has been observed that, for first click it invokes wicket's
> 'newRequestCycle' method but never reaches listener eg. onClick().
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks In Advance.

Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com