Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Tim <bo...@posteo.de> on 2022/08/04 15:50:17 UTC

It's time for Streampipes 0.70, isn't it?

Hi everyone,

some time has passed since the release of version 0.69 and we have
implemented a lot of new features, improvements and bug fixes.
In particular, I think it's time to share the tremendous development of
our Data Explorer with the wider community.
So I would like to start our next release process if there are no
objections from your side.

Are there any features or things you are still working on that should
make it into the next version?
If not, we can move all outstanding issues to 0.71.0 and cut the release
branch within the next week.

I would be willing to make myself available as release manager if
everyone agrees.

Best regards
Tim

RE: It's time for Streampipes 0.70, isn't it?

Posted by Dominik Riemer <do...@bytefabrik.ai>.
Hi Tim,

the number of open issues at [1] looks quite good so I guess we can cut the release branch and fix remaining issues there.

There is a manual with pre-release steps in the wiki [2], but now that we've merged all repos into a single one, it should be a single command "mvn release:branch -DbranchName=rel/0.70.0 -DautoVersionSubmodules=true".

Just ask if you have any questions!

Cheers
Dominik

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/STREAMPIPES/versions/12351345
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Pre-Release-Steps

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ph...@bytefabrik.ai>.
Hi Tim,

before each test, all data within the system is cleaned to ensure that the environment is always the same, even if a previous test failed.
Further, each test has a ‘beforeEach’ function that is called to set up the data for the test. The actual test logic is in the ‘it’ function.

There are basically two types of tests:

  1.  Functionality tests (e.g., test workflows for adapters, dashboards, data views, …):
All those tests are in ‘/cypress/tests and grouped by module. The test ‘cypress/tests/adapters/fileStream.smoke.spec.ts’ tests the creation and deletion of a generic file adapter.
The test ‘cypress/tests/datalake/ widgetDataConfiguration.smoke.spec.ts’ tests different data configurations for a widget within the data explorer.

  1.  Processing element tests:
To ease testing of processing elements we created configuration files to describe the test, the input data, and the expected output data. The code for such tests is in ‘cypress/tests/pipelineElements/AllPipelineElements.spec.ts’. This function reads the test description json in ‘cypress/fixtures/pipelineElement/…’ and executes the tests.

I hope this explanation clarifies some things. In [1] is a README explaining the structure of the project.
Please ask if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,
Philipp

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes/blob/dev/ui/cypress/README.md

Von: Tim <bo...@posteo.de>
Datum: Dienstag, 9. August 2022 um 20:57
An: dev@streampipes.apache.org <de...@streampipes.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: It's time for Streampipes 0.70, isn't it?

Posted by Tim <bo...@posteo.de>.
Sounds good.

Posted by Tim <bo...@posteo.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by Dominik Riemer <do...@bytefabrik.ai>.
Hi Tim,

awesome - thanks for driving the next release!
From my side, I don't think there are any important open issues - I'll go through the open issues by tomorrow and check the ones assigned to me.