Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Simon Jefferies <sj...@csc.com> on 2004/01/15 14:29:08 UTC

taskdef onerror problem

>From the ANT 1.6 documentation, it says that taskdef is a form of typedef
which provides the 'onerror' attribute.  The doc then goes on to say...
The values are fail - cause a build exception, warn output a warning, but
continue, ignore, do nothing. The default is fail. (introduced in ant1.6)
... the problem I am having is that 'warn' does not work giving me a "warn
is not a legal value for this attribute" message, but 'fail' and 'ignore'
do work.  Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Example Usage: <taskdef name="example" classname="com.example.ExampleTask"
onerror="warn"> etc etc

Thanks in advance

Simon Jefferies

for such purpose.

Re: taskdef onerror problem

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@corvil.com>.
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> [...]
Thanks,
I have fixed the manual so this should be corrected for ant 1.6.1.

Peter

> which provides the 'onerror' attribute.  The doc then goes on to say...
> The values are fail - cause a build exception, warn output a warning, but
> continue, ignore, do nothing. The default is fail. (introduced in ant1.6)
> ... the problem I am having is that 'warn' does not work giving me a "warn
> is not a legal value for this attribute" message, but 'fail' and 'ignore'
> do work.  Is this a bug or have I missed something?

It is a doco error - I've checked the code and you can use "report" in place
of "warn"

Conor