Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Michael S Huang <mh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/04 10:49:32 UTC

Help with xpath query

Hello -

I am having most difficult time getting _any_ results returned from all
sorts of xpath queries I tried.  Using Document.listResources() and then
Collection.getDocument(docName) works great, but xpath queries do not.

The XML documents all have top level tags <bio_sequence ... clone_id="value"
... > ... </bio_sequence>

I have tried queries of form "//*", "/bio_biosequence", "//bio_sequence",
"/bio_sequence[@clone_id="value"]", etc and none of them returned any
results.  I can't seem to find any error messages emitted by the server.

Caveat:  I am running on Linux with J2SDK 1.4 Beta with dbXML-Core-1.04b,
which I know states is not supporting J2SDK 1.4 yet.

Does someone know how to turn on debug tracing for the server or know for
sure that J2SDK 1.4 won't play nicely and I should just install J2SDK 1.3 ?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Michael