Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Dietmar@campus02" <di...@campus02.at> on 2004/03/23 22:31:08 UTC

Visualisation tree

Has anyone a idea how to present the tree structure of a xml in cocoon. I have a DOM, out of the DOM I want to get all the element nodes (done by a helperclass, integrated in a xsp).
Further I want to set a new position for a existing node and give the information to the DOM ...

thx for your incitation,

Dietmar

Re: Visualisation tree

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.
On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 10:31:08PM +0100, Dietmar@campus02 wrote:
> Has anyone a idea how to present the tree structure of a xml in cocoon.
> I have a DOM, out of the DOM I want to get all the element nodes
> (done by a helperclass, integrated in a xsp).
> Further I want to set a new position for a existing node and give
> the information to the DOM ...
>
> thx for your incitation,

If you are slightly brave, take a look at the Woody/Cocoon Forms
"Form Model GUI" sample: (Cocoon 2.1.4)
  http://127.0.0.1:8888/samples/woody/form_model_gui.flow
or current CVS
  http://127.0.0.1:8888/samples/forms/form_model_gui.flow

It takes an XML document, in this case it happens to be a cforms
model file, and presents it as input fields/etc.  Perhaps you could
adapt the concepts to suit your needs.

--Tim Larson