Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Cool The Breezer <te...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/07 12:10:48 UTC

Ant deploy: Replace parameters

Hi,
   The deployment descriptor contains dynamic values and looks like
<Context path="/doceng" reloadable="true" docBase="${docBase}">
   <Resource name="jdbc/docengdb" auth="Container"
        type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        driverClassName="${driverclassName}"
        url="${dburl}"
        username="${dbusername}"
        password="${dbpassword}"
        maxActive="${maxactive}"
        maxIdle="${maxidle}"
        maxWait="${maxwait}"/>
</Context>

All the parameters are defined in build.properties but deploy task does not change the values, which results bad deployment.
The ant deploy task is

    <target name="deploy.app.context" description="Deploys the application to this host's servers">
        <deploy
            url="${remote.tomcat.manager.url}"
            username="${remote.tomcat.manager.username}"
            password="${remote.tomcat.manager.password}"
            path="/test"
            config="file:///${doceng.home}/tomcat/test.xml"/>
    </target>

Any suggestion to achieve the same

AW: Ant deploy: Replace parameters

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
I think the focus of the <deploy> task is to bring the archive into the server, not to change files.

You could write the DD as template and use a <copy><filterset> for generating the 'real' DD.
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/filterset.html

Jan