Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com> on 2005/05/06 06:17:03 UTC

build failure

Hi all,
Trying to build from CVS and I'm getting the following error:
     [junit] Testcase:
TestUpload.xml(org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks): FAILED
     [junit] Request #2/Match Confirmation: Response does not contain
string 'Contents match.'.
     [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Request #2/Match
Confirmation: Response does not contain string 'Contents match.'.
     [junit]     at
org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.matchSubstring(MockTester.java
:610)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeOutputAssertions(MockTe
ster.java:515)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeAssertions(MockTester.j
ava:379)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeRequest(MockTester.java
:198)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.execute(MockTester.java:147)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks.runTest(TestMocks.java:63)

     [junit] TEST org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks FAILED

I can't see anything that I've done wrong (at least off the bat), any
ideas?

-warner

Re: build failure

Posted by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com>.
I got it to work with jdk 1.4 on windows, so I guess it could be
anything. I plan on digging into this this weekend.

-warner

Re: build failure

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.

Re: build failure

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Erik is right, this stuff is fragile because of line ending issues.
It's one of the reasons I've been wanting to move as much test code
out of the mock tests and into real unit tests.

On 5/6/05, Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:

> On May 6, 2005, at 12:17 AM, Warner Onstine wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > Trying to build from CVS and I'm getting the following error:
> >     [junit] Testcase: TestUpload.xml
> > (org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks): FAILED
> >     [junit] Request #2/Match Confirmation: Response does not
> > contain string 'Contents match.'.
> >     [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Request #2/Match
> > Confirmation: Response does not contain string 'Contents match.'.
> >     [junit]     at
> > org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.matchSubstring
> > (MockTester.java:610)
> >     [junit]     at
> > org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeOutputAssertions
> > (MockTester.java:515)
> >     [junit]     at
> > org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeAssertions
> > (MockTester.java:379)
> >     [junit]     at
> > org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeRequest
> > (MockTester.java:198)
> >     [junit]     at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.execute
> > (MockTester.java:147)
> >     [junit]     at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks.runTest
> > (TestMocks.java:63)
> >

> >     [junit] TEST org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks FAILED
> >
> > I can't see anything that I've done wrong (at least off the bat),
> > any ideas?
>
> I believe this is a line ending issue and that the tests pass for
> Howard (on Windows).  I haven't looked deeper into it - but we'd love
> for you to :)
>
>      Erik

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry