Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Rhodes, Phillip C." <Ph...@alcoa.com> on 2003/11/17 17:06:20 UTC

Basic Tapestry Component Design Help

Hi,
I am finally rolling up my sleeves and writing an application.

I am confused as to what I should create components of.  Am I thinking too fine grained?

I want to create 2 pages that are used  to maintain the relationship between users and groups.
The two pages would just allow different perspectives (user vs. group).
In the user page, one would search for and select a user for operations, once a user is selected, groups would be able to be searched for and to be associated to the user.

In the group page, one would search for and select a group for operations, once a group is selected, users would be able to be search for and to be associated to the user.

I would like to create a "User Search" component.  This component would encapsulate the User search form, handle the search operations.  I would also like to create a "Group Search" component, along the same vein.

Both pages (user and group) would both use the same components (user search and group search).

My question:
1)  Is this a valid approach?  Creating components for the search forms and handling the search request?
2)  In addition to the search, there are the search results.  Should I put the results into the same component as the search, or do the search results warrant a component of their own?

Thanks for you help.