Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Dragan Bjedov <dr...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/29 13:59:29 UTC

Wrong position of folder badge icons

Hello,

I have an issue that badge icons are misplaced when using scaling. I have
added to netbeans_default_options scaling options: -J-Dflatlaf.uiScale=1.2
--fontsize 17.
NetBeans 17
[image: scale2.png]
NetBeans Dev
[image: scale.png]

Without scaling:
[image: without_scale.png]
OS: Windows 10
Java: JDK 17

Is there already a bug for this?

Kind regards,
Dragan

RE: Wrong position of folder badge icons

Posted by Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com>.
On Windows, the recommended way to get HiDPI scaling would be to set the scaling level from the "Displays" control panel setting in Windows. You can set it to e.g. 125%, 150%, or 200%, and NetBeans will be shown correctly in these cases. In a multi-monitor setup, each monitor can have its own scaling level.

The flatlaf.uiScale property is not an official NetBeans setting; it just happens to be exposed by the underlying FlatLAF library, which is used for some, but not all, drawing operations.

-- Eirik

I have an issue that badge icons are misplaced when using scaling. I have added to netbeans_default_options scaling options: -J-Dflatlaf.uiScale=1.2 --fontsize 17.
NetBeans 17
[cid:image001.png@01D9922A.F3F9B3D0]
NetBeans Dev
[cid:image002.png@01D9922A.F3F9B3D0]