Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Carol Pearson <ca...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/20 19:45:02 UTC

Question re Transaction Logs

Hi,

I'm updating the Trafodion FAQ as part of the website migration.  One of
the questions in the current FAQ is:

Is there a transaction log and can the log be shipped to a DR site?

Yes, there is a log that audits all the transactional activity. There is no
support for shipping and replaying the log on a remote DR site.

https://wiki.trafodion.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Is_there_a_transaction_log_and_can_the_log_be_shipped_to_a_DR_site.3F

Are singleton transactions included in the transaction log?  My
understanding is that the TM doesn't get involved in singletons like
"INSERT INTO T VALUES (1,1);" if there's no index on table T.

So should this FAQ answer just say  that Trafodion does not generate a
complete transaction log that can be used to replicate the entire database
on a remote system?  Or am i missing something?

Thanks!
-Carol P.

Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222