Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/05 12:57:17 UTC

Re: concurrent execution in servicemix

Hi ,
As per your suggestion i have changed all the inonly exchanges to inout and
sending them in an asynchronous fashion.

But, now the concurent execution is lost and all the 4 requests are being
send one after one(i.e after getting resoponse from one request only the
subsequent request is being sent)

Can you please let me know how to achieve parallel execution in this way. I
uploaded the JBI component java file also to this.

sachin2008 wrote:

> Hi
> I have to develop a  component in servicemix  for the following scenario.
> Can any one let me know how to do this
>
> I have one JBI  component . This JBI component receives requests from
> other components. On receipt of the request, this components has to do the
> following things.
>
> It has to send 4 request s to 4 different JBI components for some XML
> data. Once it receives the response for all the requests it has to merge
> the response into a single NM and then send it back to requested
> component.
>
> Here the problem is all the 4 requests to other components should be
> handled in a concurrent manner.
> JBI component has to send a request first to another external service .
> Instead of waiting for the response for this request this component has to
> send 2nd request to another external service and then to 3rd one and then
> to 4th one.
>
> Finally this component needs to wait for the responses from all the
> external services and then continue the remaining process as I said
> earlier.
>
> Note – The flow between the JBI component and external services component
> should be IN-OUT.
>
> Currently we are handling the same scenario by handling threads in
> servlets. Now we need to simulate the same using  servicemix 3.1 + jboss.
> But I heard that in servicemix 3.1 we can’t create external threads. I
> guess beanflow component solves this problem.  But I couldn’t find enough
> info on this . can anyone please tell me where I can found info regarding
> this.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p15848431/ThreadTest.java ThreadTest.java

-----
Cheers
Praveen Oruganti
"Think before you act and act on what you believe"

Re: concurrent execution in servicemix

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If you use send and not sendSync, they will be sent and processed concurrently.
You may even receive a response before having sent the 4 requests...
You should be able to see that easily if you put a sleep in your lightweight
components.
Btw, the lightweight components are deprecated, so you'd better use
servicemix-bean instead.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:57 PM, sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi ,
>  As per your suggestion i have changed all the inonly exchanges to inout and
>  sending them in an asynchronous fashion.
>
>  But, now the concurent execution is lost and all the 4 requests are being
>  send one after one(i.e after getting resoponse from one request only the
>  subsequent request is being sent)
>
>  Can you please let me know how to achieve parallel execution in this way. I
>  uploaded the JBI component java file also to this.
>

>  sachin2008 wrote:
>  >
>  > Hi
>  > I have to develop a  component in servicemix  for the following scenario.
>  > Can any one let me know how to do this
>  >
>  > I have one JBI  component . This JBI component receives requests from
>  > other components. On receipt of the request, this components has to do the
>  > following things.
>  >
>  > It has to send 4 request s to 4 different JBI components for some XML
>  > data. Once it receives the response for all the requests it has to merge
>  > the response into a single NM and then send it back to requested
>  > component.
>  >
>  > Here the problem is all the 4 requests to other components should be
>  > handled in a concurrent manner.
>  > JBI component has to send a request first to another external service .
>  > Instead of waiting for the response for this request this component has to
>  > send 2nd request to another external service and then to 3rd one and then
>  > to 4th one.
>  >
>  > Finally this component needs to wait for the responses from all the
>  > external services and then continue the remaining process as I said
>  > earlier.
>  >
>  > Note – The flow between the JBI component and external services component
>  > should be IN-OUT.
>  >
>  > Currently we are handling the same scenario by handling threads in
>  > servlets. Now we need to simulate the same using  servicemix 3.1 + jboss.
>  > But I heard that in servicemix 3.1 we can't create external threads. I
>  > guess beanflow component solves this problem.  But I couldn't find enough
>  > info on this . can anyone please tell me where I can found info regarding
>  > this.
>  >
>  >
>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p15848431/ThreadTest.java ThreadTest.java
>
>  -----
>  Cheers
>  Praveen Oruganti
>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"
>  --

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/