Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Ari Suutari <ar...@syncrontech.com> on 2002/09/09 12:11:12 UTC

Fix: Tomcat 4.1.10 and tag pooling problem

Hi,

I did some debugging & testing with i18n tag. It appears that
the problem is in MessageTag.java. When it looks up a value from resource
bundle and there is no such resource, it doesn't remember to clear
_value object, which might contain an old value at this point
when tag pooling is being used. Following patch fixes the problem:

*** MessageTag.java     Sun Sep  8 11:37:08 2002
--- NewMessageTag.java  Mon Sep  9 13:07:52 2002
***************
*** 250,255 ****
--- 250,256 ----
          }
      catch (java.util.MissingResourceException e)
          {
+         _value = null;
          ServletContext sc = pageContext.getServletContext();
          sc.log("value not found for key:" + key);
          }

	Ari S.