Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Dimitry Lvovsky <di...@reviewpro.com> on 2010/07/19 11:55:45 UTC

Suggestion for the storage.conf

I think it would be a good idea to add a bit more explanation
storage-conf.xml/wiki regarding the replication factor.  It caused some
confusion until we dug around the mail archive    to realize  that our
UnavailableExceptions were caused by our incorrect assumption and that  RF=1
does NOT mean that this nodes data will be replicated to one another node --
but rather the data will only exist in one node :-s.

--
Dimitry Lvovsky
ReviewPro

Re: Suggestion for the storage.conf