Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/22 21:28:31 UTC

Preview of new wicket site

I've uploaded my work in progress to github.

You can find it here:

http://dashorst.github.io/wicket-site/

In this draft I have opted to make a separate wicket 8 part for our
website under "/8" for the announcement and features list.

Is this something we want to expand on further? To make sub sites for
wicket 7, 8 and beyond?

This way you can have

http://wicket.apache.org/7
http://wicket.apache.org/8
http://wicket.apache.org/9

Martijn

Re: Preview of new wicket site

Posted by Sebastien Briquet <sb...@apache.org>.
Also,

In the wicket8.x start page [1], the version should be updated (2
occurrences)

In the download page [2]
- the "Supported Versions" section might be updated to "security fixes
only, upgrade to 7.x or 8.x"
- the "Unsupported releases" section might be updated to "discontinued,
upgrade to 7.x or 8.x"

[1] http://dashorst.github.io/wicket-site/start/wicket-8.x.html
[2] http://dashorst.github.io/wicket-site/start/download.html

Re: Preview of new wicket site

Posted by Sebastien Briquet <sb...@apache.org>.
Hi Martijn,

I really like it! (I think I already said this but still... :p)

IMHO, I'm not sure it is really worth having subsites. There is already the
download page that redirect to each wicket-X.x page, so it might already be
a good place to put announcement and feature list there.

Thanks & best regards,
Sebastien.