Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Tucker <ch...@linspireinc.com> on 2005/11/03 19:27:06 UTC

Packaging binary-only libraries

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up some build processes for a couple of
new projects, one of which has dependencies on several proprietary
libraries that are binary-only (in this sense, the same as the Sun
libraries).  Ideally, I'd like to be able to package these up using
Maven2 so I can manage deployment to my internal repository using
standard Maven tools (i.e. not fussing with manually copying things
around etc.).

Is there a way to do this with m2?  Essentially I'm trying to create a
POM that I associate with the artifact that comes out of a non-maven
build such that the POM will deploy that artifact (with the POM
descriptor) to an internal repository.  I can accept changes to the
names of the jar archives if necessary to meet m2 naming conventions.
Presumably this process would also work to automate the deployment of
Sun jars to an internal repository, which I'm sure is an issue many
others have wanted to address.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Cheers,
Chris