Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Kavanagh <da...@dotech.com> on 2002/05/02 13:26:16 UTC

Re: ideas invited

What I've done is to insert some commands at the top of tomcat.sh, then
link it from /etc/rc2.d/S99tomcat to <tomcathome>/bin/tomcat.sh (if on
solaris).
on Linux, I put it in /etc/rc5.d

David

RE: ideas invited

Posted by Abraham Fathman <af...@one.net>.
I created a file in tomcat/bin/ called setenv.sh the catalina script
already calls it.

The advantage of doing it this way is that you aren't customizing any of
tomcat's scripts. So when there is a new version you can just drop the
version in!

I placed a line in it like:
export JAVA_HOME=/opt/j2sdk1.4.0/

Then I created a symbolic link from bin/catalina.sh to
/etc/rc.d/rc.catalina then I added rc.catalina start to rc.local.

Hope that helps...

Posted by David Cassidy <dc...@nisports.com>.

Re: ideas invited

Posted by David Kavanagh <da...@dotech.com>.

Re: ideas invited

Posted by # Lalit Nagpal # <la...@yahoo.com>.
 so sorry,

# Lalit Nagpal # wrote:

>hi,
>
>i want tomcat 4 to startup up auto whenever the
>machine is rebooted so i have put the entry
>/startup.sh. As suggested by some i have
>set the java path and tomcat home also in rc.local
>file before running the startup.sh file. still it does
>not seem to work. any bright ideas on this.
>
>thanx a lot
>

># Lalit Nagpal #

For additional commands:
Troubles with the list: