Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Adriana Pinto <ad...@bowpi.com> on 2017/07/28 22:23:14 UTC

Daily calculation - Interests and charges

Hi Community.
Our team has been developing over the platform, and it's really interesting.
Actually, we have a special case, which has demanded us the daily-calculation of interests in our loans.
How? Every loan are calculated with a nominal rate and Declining Balance, and it's ok; but at late repayments we need to calculate the overdue charges DAILY.
For example:
Overdue interests are 217.11, and the rate for overdue charges is 10%. Then, the moratorium per day would be (217.11*10%*1/360), and it would be accumulated till the day the repayment occurs.

Is there any way of configuring this calculation and having evidence of it.

Kind regards,
Adriana Pinto

Re: [Mifos-developer] Daily calculation - Interests and charges

Posted by Santosh Math <sa...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Adriana,

I have created the same charge (considering 10% of interest charged daily)
here on demo instance:

https://demo.openmf.org/#/viewcharge/164

And also check the screenshot:

You can change the charge configuration as you wish by editing Charge
calculation type and Amount.

Thanks
Santosh

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 3:53 AM, Adriana Pinto <ad...@bowpi.com>
wrote:

> Hi Community.
>
> Our team has been developing over the platform, and it’s really
> interesting.
>
> Actually, we have a special case, which has demanded us the
> daily-calculation of interests in our loans.
>
> How? Every loan are calculated with a nominal rate and Declining Balance,
> and it’s ok; but at late repayments we need to calculate the overdue
> charges DAILY.
>
> For example:
>
> Overdue interests are 217.11, and the rate for overdue charges is 10%.
> Then, the moratorium per day would be (217.11*10%*1/360), and it would be
> *accumulated* till the day the repayment occurs.
>

> Is there any way of configuring this calculation and having evidence of it.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Adriana Pinto

Thanks  and Regards
Santosh Math
Lead QA & Support
Conflux Technologies Pvt Ltd, Bengaluru
Skype:santoshmath99

RE: Daily calculation - Interests and charges

Posted by Adriana Pinto <ad...@bowpi.com>.
Do you have other developers who need the daily balance calculation of the loans?
Just the way I described below…
I’d really appreciate your answer.

Posted by Shaik Nazeer <na...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
A possible workaround is to add the charge percentage by converting value from yearly to daily.

Regards,

Nazeer

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hi Adriana,