Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by May Lyn Lis <ma...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2002/03/07 07:32:58 UTC

Help needed

HI All,

Help needed.

I wonder anyone experiencing that the apache server is
trying to connect to the name server (specified in
/etc/resolv.conf) whenever client is accessing the
url.

What could cause this happen, although I have set the
Hostname lookup to off?

Thank you for your help/hint.

May

Re: Help needed

Posted by May Lyn Lis <ma...@yahoo.com.sg>.
Daniel,

Thank you for your highlight, however I have check
through the whole httpd.conf, I did not includes
hostnames in allow or deny section as well as
VirtualHost section.

Have try again accessing the page, the lookup still
occurs.

Where is the mystery part that trigger the domain
lookup, and this lookup is slowing down the url
access.

Thanks for the help.

May

Re: Help needed

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.

Benchmark for Apache as Reverse Proxy

Posted by May Lyn Lis <ma...@yahoo.com.sg>.
Hi,
Anyone have benchmarking for the Apache+mod_proxy
using as reverse proxy.

For 600 concurrent users access, what will be the load
like.

Thank you for your indicator.

May.