Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> on 2013/06/04 21:17:05 UTC

Silent Installation on Installation Guide

I would like to clarify the silent installation process in AOO, the
Installation guide (which is for OOo) talks about running an MSI.

At the moment Windows versions are in an .exe file, no MSI to be found.

​uestion ​
​s, do we still have silent installation process and if so? How to perform
such installation?

Regards.​

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Silent Installation on Installation Guide

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On 6/7/13, Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 1:08 AM, O.Felka <ol...@gmx.de> wrote:

>> an OOo/AOo special.
>> If you call "Start -> Run -> 'msiexec /?'" you'll see all options of the
>> MSI.
>>

> ​I wonder if we have any of these reported on the wiki, when going through
> the installation guide they report me that they get a dialog asking to use
> the setup.exe after plugging the flags on the guide.​
>
> ​​Here is a screenshot:
> ​http://imagebin.org/260566
> ​
> ​Checking the guide I see there is a post on the forum that has an updated
> version for 3.x (
> http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=28765&p=275147#p275147).
> Althought the process is a bit convoluted, they need an extension (
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation%20%20/Administration_Guide/Deactivating_Registration_Wizard)
> in order to get rid of a wizard.
>
> start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /i openofficeorg3x.msi ADDLOCAL=All
> REMOVE=gm_o_Onlineupdate
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this guide.​

Any ideas how to solve it?

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Posted by "O.Felka" <ol...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.