Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Sascha Kulawik <sa...@kulawik.de> on 2004/02/23 14:07:32 UTC

After creating index nothing is found anymore

Hello,

I finally getting headage during the configuration of Xindice. I'm using Xindice 1.1b3 (currently Ive tried a CVS checkout from today morning) in Jboss with Jetty as exploded war-archive.

I've created a collection with following code snippet:

String collectionConfig = "<collection compressed=\"false\" name=\""+collectionName+"\">"+
"<filer class=\"org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeFiler\" gzip=\"false\"/>"+
"<index class=\"org.apache.xindice.core.indexer.ValueIndexer\" name=\"internalLink_attr_idx\" pattern=\"link@viewid\" type=\"String\"/>"+
"<index class=\"org.apache.xindice.core.indexer.ValueIndexer\" name=\"document_attr_idx\" pattern=\"document\" type=\"String\"/>"+
"</collection>";
col = DatabaseManager.getCollection(uri);
CollectionManager collman = (CollectionManager) col.getService("CollectionManager", "1.0");
try {
collman.createCollection(collectionName, XercesHelper.string2Dom(collectionConfig));
}catch(Exception exe) {
String errMsg = "Error during the converting of the Collection-String to XML-DOM";
log.error(errMsg);
throw new XMLDBException(ErrorCodes.VENDOR_ERROR, -1, errMsg, exe);
}

If I'm doing a search like "//document[@src='170']", everything works fine, except that it takes the same time as without an index.
If I'm trying to search for "//link[@viewid='2045']", nothing happens, no result, nothing. Without the index I will get some results back. This Xpath search is very fast (80ms), but without any result it is obvious needless :)
The idx file of the first one is about 30kB in size, the second one is 6kB - this is the default I think.

For the first Xpath Query it is only relevant, if this document exists in any xml document in the collection. I've seen on MARC, that this could be done faster, so that the result of this Xpath Query will be only the Document itself or the id of the document. How is this possible?

Thank you all very much,

Sascha