Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com> on 2005/11/28 06:08:26 UTC

Fetching model for read-only tables

Hi,

Currently a UIData's DataModel is fetched (via a value-binding) during
the decode phase, even when the children of the table are all read-only.

This is caused by UIData.processDecodes.

When the data model is fetched from a database this isn't very nice.
What do people think of checking whether there are any input children
before loading the datamodel?

I suspect this check can possibly be done just by seeing if there is any
saved _rowState, as non-input components are all transient and so have
no rowstate.

This *might* be a violation of the spec, though, as non-input child
components of the table won't get processDecodes callbacks.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Simon

Re: Fetching model for read-only tables

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
The preserveDataModel option of the x:dataTable should solve your
problem. It makes the table "remember" all values between requests.
Therefore no data fetching necessary during any phase prior to
rendering.
HTH,
Manfred