Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by aishwary thakur <ai...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/21 03:24:06 UTC

Leader count is skewed on kafka brokers

Hi,
I have deployed Kafka on K8S cluster over 3 nodes.
Leaders are not getting equally distributed over the brokers.
I have tried kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh script also.
Sometime it works and sometime it doesn't.
Even when it works, over time it again gets skewed.
Any help would be appreciated.

Please ignore if this is not the right group and help me to reach out the right group.

Re: Leader count is skewed on kafka brokers

Posted by rohit garg <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

If it is getting skewed means brokers are restarting .
You can prepare manual assignment once and rerun same assignment again for
preferred election.