Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Vagmi Mudumbai <va...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/18 09:10:33 UTC

Single Sign On with mod_dav, SSPI and SVN Authentication API

Hi,

I have a repository setup with Apache and mod_dav_svn and mod_auth_sspi. I
have the authz fiel setup properly. I am able to work on the repository with
the command line client without me having to enter my username and password.
I am trying to achieve the same with the Subversion API. However, I am
unable to figure out the authentication provider that I should be using. It
works when i use the simple prompt provider and provide my domain username
and password. However, when I use the windows simple provider, it does not
work. Am I using the correct authentication provider. If not which one
should I use. Code sample in any language would work. I am currently using
AnkhSVN's .NET binding with Subversion 1.4 libraries.

I have been breaking my head over this for quite some time. Any pointers
would be really helpful.

Regards,
Vagmi

http://installneo.blogspot.com

"Peace is its own reward." - Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Single Sign On with mod_dav, SSPI and SVN Authentication API

Posted by Vagmi Mudumbai <va...@gmail.com>.
Finally figured it out. You need both the simple prompt provider and the
username provider. The simple prompt provider, caches it the first time and
then the username provider gets it the next time on. The Windows provider
will be a thoughtful addition as it would cache the password in an encrypted
form.

<basking_in_the_sweet_sense_of_revelation/> :-)

Posted by Vagmi Mudumbai <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Vagmi Mudumbai <va...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.