Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Vowles <ri...@bluetrainsoftware.com> on 2013/02/19 11:02:00 UTC

adding files to the release

Is there any way to add files that get committed along with the prepare
phase?

I need a fully realized pom which the prepare-with-pom doesn't give me
because of bugs in Aether, and our team uses Grails - which updates two
files at release time to keep in sync with the pom version.

I can't see any method of adding items to get committed in the release
goals (not new items, but updated ones).

Anyone got any ideas?

Ta
Richard

--
---
Richard Vowles,

Re: adding files to the release

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
What SCM are you using?

In general the trick is to add them to the SCM change set during
release:prepare and then they will be committed.

For svn that means just change the files.

I haven't tried with git or any of the others, but worst case you probably
just need to invoke scm:add

I doubt you need to fork the release plugin unless you are doing wired
voodoo

Posted by Richard Vowles <ri...@bluetrainsoftware.com>.

--
---