Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Umesh Bhatt <um...@nuvepro.com> on 2020/04/12 07:40:03 UTC

Pushing message to VM using Guacamole API

Hi,

I want to push notification messages in end user VM similar like Guacamole slow or unstable network messages.
Can you pls let me know if Restful APIs are available for this?

Regards,
Umesh

Re: Pushing message to VM using Guacamole API

Posted by Chris Misztur <cm...@mriiot.com>.
The way I read Umesh's question is not to send out-of-band to admin
console, but messaging within the guac client itself.  For example, say
multiple users are connected to the same remote session.  A side pane would
allow them to facilitate a chat.

My example from a previous post was around session sharing.  As an admin I
can jump into any active session without the session owner's permission.
Would prompting the session owner to allow admin to jump into user's
session be a guac protocol or a webserver implementation?

Chris

Posted by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net>.
we do something like this out provisioner.

1. When the connections is created set the flags on the access time for that
connection on Guacamole, (database entry read)
2. When time is getting close, you can use the event handler to send an SSH
for VMware/Xen/KVM or a .net call for Microsoft, then send the message
directly to the VM (vm tools need to be installed) by injecting parameters.

Other option are iframe guacamole and use java script to get the time left,
note, guacamoles Kryptonite is iframes for keyboard mouse events loosing
focus.

3. Is to use the native Guacamole messaging to popup a warning, using event
call.  So there are ways of doing this.

-----
A Cybersecurity Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!
Known good Guacamole  installations

Re: Pushing message to VM using Guacamole API

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 11:20 PM Umesh Bhatt <um...@nuvepro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We have Linux and Windows VMs.
>

> Regards,
>
> Umesh

Is there some reason you need to push the messages to the VM rather than
displaying them in the Guacamole UI?  You mentioned the way network
connectivity is displayed in Guacamole - couldn't you just push the
notification in the Guacamole UI?

-Nick

RE: Pushing message to VM using Guacamole API

Posted by Umesh Bhatt <um...@nuvepro.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Joachim Lindenberg <jo...@lindenberg.one>.
Is this windows, linux, mac os? If windows, what about the windows msg command ( <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/msg> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/msg)?

Best Regards, Joachim

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.