Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by elvis鱼人 <q4...@163.com> on 2015/12/25 12:08:58 UTC

( no servers hosting shard ) very strange

my environment is solrcloud 5.2.0, 3 shards, every shard has 2 replica,one
leader,one replica

[11-18 06:58:42.515][ERROR]
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException.log(SolrException.java:139) -
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: no servers hosting shard:
	at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler$1.call(HttpShardHandler.java:211)
	at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler$1.call(HttpShardHandler.java:183)
	at
org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor$1.run(ExecutorUtil.java:148)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

[11-18 06:58:42.515][INFO]
org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:2069) - [feed]
webapp=/solr path=/select params={q=uid:2647309&wt=javabin&version=2}
status=503 QTime=4

query to this node,not to solrcloud

Re: ( no servers hosting shard ) very strange

Posted by Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yes. I'm currently setting up an ensemble but in my case the GC pauses
occur on the machine that is not running the embedded zookeeper.

Binoy Dalal

Re: ( no servers hosting shard ) very strange

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by elvis鱼人 <q4...@163.com>.
yes ,just may be fixed

Re: ( no servers hosting shard ) very strange

Posted by Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com>.
Has changing the heap size fixed your GC problem?

As for the leader not being elected, I am not very sure about it but if
there was some issue then you'd see it in the solr logs as exceptions so
you should check that.

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015, 15:21 elvis鱼人 <q4...@163.com> wrote:

> yes, i saw massive full GC ,so i change java -Xms10g -Xmx10g
> and there is another problem,
> shard1:
>           192.168.100.210:7001-leader
>           192.168.100.211:7001-replica
>
> shard2:
>           192.168.100.211:7002:leader
>           192.168.100.212:7001:replica
>
> shard3:
>           192.168.100.210:7002:leader
>           192.168.100.212:7002:replica
> i shutdown 2 server,210:7001 and 210:7002, then i saw replica could't
> electing leader.i don't know why?
> and this appearance doesn't appear every time

Binoy Dalal

Re: ( no servers hosting shard ) very strange

Posted by Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com>.
Are you also seeing massive GC pauses?
Also have you recently changed any heap parameters?

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015, 10:53 elvis鱼人 <q4...@163.com> wrote:

> before this happen, every solr server use -Xms2g -Xmx2g,may be associated
> with it
> i use External ZooKeeper, and this zookeeper connect with dubbo,storm,
> Will not be affected??

Binoy Dalal

Re: ( no servers hosting shard ) very strange

Posted by Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Elvis,