Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org> on 2021/09/16 10:33:09 UTC

[ALC] Request to establish ALC in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area(GBA) (or Shenzhen, as a starter, if GBA is not applicable)

Hi, ComDev PMC

In order to provide software for the public good through the Apache Way in
the Greater Bay Area(GBA), spread awareness on Apache in local communities,
host various events for local open source enthusiasts that include
students, developers, and the business community, share information about
ASF, The Apache Way, and various Apache  projects, bring together project
users and developers. I am very happy to apply to establish an ALC
Chapter(ACL GBA).

ACL GBA Mentors:

- Willem Jiang (Apache ID: ningjiang, ASF member,IPMC member,Apache Local
Community Chapter Beijing Leader, PMC of Apache Apisix, Apache Camel,
Apache CXF, ,Apache RocketMQ, Apache ServiceMix, Apache ServiceComb, Apache
SkyWalking,Apache Shardingsphere,Apache Iotdb )

- Ted Liu (Apache id: tedliu, ASF member, Incubator PMC member, Fundraising
Committee member, Sponsor Ambassador)

- VonGosing (Apache id:vongosling, ASF member, IPMC member)

ACL GBA Members:

- Eason Chen (Apache id: chenguangsheng, Apache EventMesh(incubating) PPMC)

- Ming Wen(Apache ID:wenming,ASF member, Apache Incubator PMC,Apache APISIX
PMC Chair)

- Heng Du(Apache ID:duhengforever Apache RocketMQ PMC)

- Liang Chen (Apache id: chenliang613, ASF member, Apache Incubator PMC,
Apache CarbonData PMC Chair)

- Zhenxu Ke (Apache ID: kezhenxu94, Apache Incubator PMC, Apache SkyWalking
PMC)

- Guocheng Zhang (Apache ID:gosonzhang,Apache InLong (incubating) PPMC)

- XiaoYu (Apache ID: xiaoyu Apache ShenYu (incubator) PPMC)

- Mike Xue (Apache id: mikexue, Apache EventMesh (incubaiting) PPMC)

- Charles Zhang (Apache ID:dockerzhang,Apache InLong (incubating) PPMC)

- Lin Lin(Apache ID: linlin, Apache Pulsar PMC)

- Jerry Shao(Apache ID: jshao,ASF member,IPMC member,Apache Spark PMC)

- Sammi Chen (Apache ID: sammichen, Apache Hadoop PMC, Apache Ozone PMC
Chair)

- Zili Chen(Apache ID: tison, Apache Flink Committer, Apache Curator PMC,
Apache Incubator Committer, Apache InLong (incubating) PPMC)

- Shuai Di(Apache ID: shuaidi, Apache Linkis(incubating) PPMC)

Warm Regards,

Eason Chen

Re: [ALC] Request to establish ALC in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area(GBA) (or Shenzhen, as a starter, if GBA is not applicable)

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi team,
As mentioned in my previous email,
We were waiting for the individuals who might express their interest after
looking at this thread to join the new ALC.
Seems we are good now, great to see so much response.

So, here are the brief details on the next steps that will be executed
in the upcoming days:
- Sync with interested team and mentors to discuss ALC guidelines and
talk about the proposed chapter lead.
- Once we finalise it, will share the proposal with ComDev PMC and
have formal voting.
- Based on the voting response, execute the next steps, more details are at [1].

P.S. Typically it takes 2 to 3 weeks, thank you for your patience and
amazing enthusiasm, will keep you updated! :)

[1] https://s.apache.org/establish-alc-chapter

Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
Chair, ALC

Posted by heng du <du...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
I am very happy to be involved.
Beijing and Shenzhen are the technology centers in the north and south of
China. I hope that more Chinese developers can learn about the Apache
Software Foundation and the Apache Way.

heng du <du...@apache.org>于2021年9月16日 周四下午9:41写道:

> [...]
> > >
> > > - Zhenxu Ke (Apache ID: kezhenxu94, Apache Incubator PMC, Apache
> > SkyWalking
> > > PMC)
> > >
> > > - Guocheng Zhang (Apache ID:gosonzhang,Apache InLong (incubating) PPMC)
> > >
> > > - XiaoYu (Apache ID: xiaoyu Apache ShenYu (incubator) PPMC)
> > >
> > > - Mike Xue (Apache id: mikexue, Apache EventMesh (incubaiting) PPMC)
> > >
> > > - Charles Zhang (Apache ID:dockerzhang,Apache InLong (incubating) PPMC)
> > >
> > > - Lin Lin(Apache ID: linlin, Apache Pulsar PMC)
> > >
> > > - Jerry Shao(Apache ID: jshao,ASF member,IPMC member,Apache Spark PMC)
> > >
> > > - Sammi Chen (Apache ID: sammichen, Apache Hadoop PMC, Apache Ozone PMC
> > > Chair)
> > >
> > > - Zili Chen(Apache ID: tison, Apache Flink Committer, Apache Curator
> PMC,
> > > Apache Incubator Committer, Apache InLong (incubating) PPMC)
> > >
> > > - Shuai Di(Apache ID: shuaidi, Apache Linkis(incubating) PPMC)

Ming Wen, Apache APISIX PMC Chair
Twitter: _WenMing

Posted by heng du <du...@apache.org>.
Great!

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@gmail.com>.
Great, thank you Willem for the valuable inputs.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by peacewong <pe...@apache.org>.
+ 1
I am very happy to be involved

XiaoYu <xi...@apache.org> 于2021年9月17日周五 上午10:22写道:

Posted by XiaoYu <xi...@apache.org>.
+ 1

Posted by vongosling <vo...@apache.org>.
> [...]

> > Apache CarbonData PMC Chair)
> >
> > - Zhenxu Ke (Apache ID: kezhenxu94, Apache Incubator PMC, Apache
> SkyWalking
> > PMC)
> >
> > - Guocheng Zhang (Apache ID:gosonzhang,Apache InLong (incubating) PPMC)
> >
> > - XiaoYu (Apache ID: xiaoyu Apache ShenYu (incubator) PPMC)
> >
> > - Mike Xue (Apache id: mikexue, Apache EventMesh (incubaiting) PPMC)
> >
> > - Charles Zhang (Apache ID:dockerzhang,Apache InLong (incubating) PPMC)
> >
> > - Lin Lin(Apache ID: linlin, Apache Pulsar PMC)
> >
> > - Jerry Shao(Apache ID: jshao,ASF member,IPMC member,Apache Spark PMC)
> >
> > - Sammi Chen (Apache ID: sammichen, Apache Hadoop PMC, Apache Ozone PMC
> > Chair)
> >
> > - Zili Chen(Apache ID: tison, Apache Flink Committer, Apache Curator PMC,
> > Apache Incubator Committer, Apache InLong (incubating) PPMC)
> >
> > - Shuai Di(Apache ID: shuaidi, Apache Linkis(incubating) PPMC)

Best Regards :-)

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Best wishes, from a member of ALC Beijing!

Juan Pan(Trista), Apache member, Apache ShardingSphere PMC, Apache brpc (Incubator) & Apache AGE (Incubator) mentor
Twitter, @trista86934690

Posted by kezhenxu94 <ke...@apache.org>.
My +1. Great to see we have so many people interested in this potential new chapter.

————————————
柯振旭 (@kezhenxu94)
Apache SkyWalking PMC
Apache Incubator PMC and Mentor

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
+1

Good luck

Mark Shan <cy...@gmail.com> 于2021年9月16日周四 下午7:24写道:

Posted by Mark Shan <cy...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Good to see this proposal.

+1 for this new ALC chapter.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 于2021年9月16日周四 下午11:05写道:

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

回覆:[ALC] Request to establish ALC in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area(GBA) (or Shenzhen, as a starter, if GBA is not applicable)

Posted by Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
My blessing here. Shenzhen and its surrounding area (so-called Great Bay Area) is one of the most vibrant and fastest growing high-tech and open-source market in China and even in Asia. There are many, many Apache fans, students, users, contributors, committers, etc. are eager to participate and contribute to ASF. The establishment of ALC GBA (or Shenzhen) will definitely expedite the adoption of the Apache Way and its project communities.
Best regards,

Ted Liu

   在 2021 年 9月 月 16 日週四,時間:18:33 , Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org> 寫道:   Hi, ComDev PMC