Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erik Price <ep...@ptc.com> on 2003/04/14 19:25:41 UTC

how to set up JNDI

Hi,

I have read the Tomcat JNDI howto and the JNDI trail tutorial on sun.com
but I am wondering if there is any explanation of how to install and set
up a JNDI service provider with Tomcat so that I can try the examples
from the Tomcat JNDI howto?  My end goal is to use DBCP and configure a
DataSource to map to my database using connection parameters stored in
web.xml, but I do not know how to get from here to there.  I hope I did
not miss something.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Erik

Re: how to set up JNDI

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Erik Price wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read the Tomcat JNDI howto and the JNDI trail tutorial on sun.com
> but I am wondering if there is any explanation of how to install and set
> up a JNDI service provider with Tomcat so that I can try the examples
> from the Tomcat JNDI howto?  My end goal is to use DBCP and configure a
> DataSource to map to my database using connection parameters stored in
> web.xml, but I do not know how to get from here to there.  I hope I did
> not miss something.
>
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Tomcat provides its own naming service.  All you need to do is configure
web.xml and server.xml to use it. Check out
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html