Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Юрий <ju...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/03 10:31:36 UTC

[CVE-2020-1963] Apache Ignite access to file system disclosure vulnerability

Hi All,

Apache Ignite 2.8.1 has been released. The release contain fix of critical
vulnerability

CVE-2020-1963: Apache Ignite access to file system through predefined H2
SQL functions

Severity: Critical

Vendor:
The Apache Software Foundation

Versions Affected:
All versions of Apache Ignite up to 2.8

Impact
An attacker can use embedded H2 SQL functions to access a filesystem for
write and read.

Apache Ignite uses H2 database to build SQL distributed execution engine.
H2 provides SQL functions which could be used by attacker to access to a
filesystem.

Mitigation:
Ignite 2.8 or earlier users should upgrade to 2.8.1
In case SQL is not used at all the issue could be mitigated by removing
ignite-indexing.jar from Ignite classpath
Risk could be partially mitigated by using non privileged user to start
Apache Ignite.

Credit:
This issue was discovered by Sriveena Mattaparthi of ekaplus.com

--
Живи с улыбкой! :D

Re: [CVE-2020-1963] Apache Ignite access to file system disclosure vulnerability

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
This is an official update to the "Credit" section of the vulnerability
announcement.

Credit:
The vulnerability was initially discovered by Jinny Ramsmark of Defensify
and further reported to the Ignite community by Sriveena Mattaparth of
Ekaplus"

Denis Magda,
On behalf of Apache Ignite PMC

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Юрий <ju...@gmail.com>.
Denis,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Yury,

Posted by Nick Popov <NP...@tdecu.org>.

This issue was discovered by Sriveena Mattaparthi of ekaplus.com<https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fekaplus.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7CSriveena.Mattaparthi%40ekaplus.com%7Cfd4be57b204d40b49a3208d807a952ca%7C2a5b4e9716be4be4b2d40f3fcb3d373c%7C1%7C0%7C637267771122745491&sdata=eOKf4r6a1PmMvRg1HKa79HZqd%2Fp%2Fhq%2BJGlHmIZoLy%2Bo%3D&reserved=0>

Posted by Nick Popov <NP...@tdecu.org>.