Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com> on 2006/02/25 19:14:37 UTC

mod_serf, WAS Re: Serf, WAS: Re: AW: AW: svn commit: r378032

Sander Striker wrote:
> Something like this maybe:
>
>   http://svn.webdav.org/repos/projects/serf/trunk/
>
> It started out to become apr-serf, made a jump to the short-lived
> Commons, and ended up at webdav.org.  There is a current effort
> by Justin Erenkrantz to get Serf completed, or at least complete
> enough to complete ra_serf, a Subversion remote access library.
> I expect that with a couple of months the churn is gone, and its
> API stable enough to use here in HTTP Server land.

I had some time after watching BSG last night... so I wrote it.

mod_serf:
http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/serf-stuff/mod_serf.c

It also requires a patch to serf right now:
http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/serf-stuff/serf-headers-do.patch

It has lots of problems still, but it works for a basic reverse proxy:

<Location />
    SerfPass http://www.example.com/
</Location>

-Paul

Re: mod_serf, WAS Re: Serf, WAS: Re: AW: AW: svn commit: r378032

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 11:03:47AM -0500, Brian Akins wrote:
> I can thinks of several things I have hacked now that would be great
> with a mod_serf.  It would be nice if there was a way to just get back a
> bucket brigade from it, or something similar.

Absolutely - although that might belong in apr.

vh

Mads Toftum

Re: mod_serf, WAS Re: Serf, WAS: Re: AW: AW: svn commit: r378032

Posted by Brian Akins <ba...@web.turner.com>.

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer

Re: mod_serf, WAS Re: Serf, WAS: Re: AW: AW: svn commit: r378032

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 10:14:37AM -0800, Paul Querna wrote:
> I had some time after watching BSG last night... so I wrote it.
>
> mod_serf:
> http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/serf-stuff/mod_serf.c
>
> It also requires a patch to serf right now:
> http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/serf-stuff/serf-headers-do.patch
>
> It has lots of problems still, but it works for a basic reverse proxy:
>
> <Location />
>    SerfPass http://www.example.com/
> </Location>

I like the idea - but would like to see it take on a few ideas from
mod_dbd. In the SerfPass/ProxyPass situation it would be good to keep a
pool of open connections (and having a way to decide how many). Making a