Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by lijin0501 <lj...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/25 15:08:23 UTC

I'm new to Jackrabbit,help!!

In my new project, we want to use Jackrabbit as the implementation of JCR.But
we still got some questions.
1.Can we build one repository on serveral machines?
2.Can we build one workspace on serveral mashines?
3.Can we combine different indexes of different workspaces into one index?

Re: I'm new to Jackrabbit,help!!

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Dec 25, 2007 4:08 PM, lijin0501 <lj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.Can we build one repository on serveral machines?
> 2.Can we build one workspace on serveral mashines?

What do you mean by "build"?

If "use"; you can access a repository remotely using the JCR-RMI component.

If "run"; you can run a repository on multiple serves using the
clustering feature.

> 3.Can we combine different indexes of different workspaces into one index?

No, each workspace has it's own index.

BR,

Jukka Zitting