Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/13 23:25:52 UTC

Fairwell to JB, but having Jasper problems

Hi,

After 3 years of using JBuilder, I have conclued that
it is unusable. It was almost unusable in version 9,
but became worse with every version.

I'm back in Emacs and started learning Ant. I'm
working with the standard build.xml example and the
command
ant -v jspc -Dtomcat.home=C:/Dola/tomcat
-Dwebapp.path=C:/Dola/tomcat/webbapps/projecta

causes the following error when executed from the
C:\Dola\MyProject directory:

C:\Dola\MyProject\build.xml:21:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The -uriroot option
must specify a pre-existing directory

How do I fix it?

Also, it seems that I had to add the following
classpath to the script:
<pathelement
location="${tomcat.home}/bin/commons-logging-api.jar"/>

Is that correct?

Very many thanks in advance!

Dola

Re: Fairwell to JB, but having Jasper problems

Posted by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you so much for coming back to this! I just
fixed this and I was coming back here to report my
goof.

If you notice, in the command line that I used

> ant -v jspc -Dtomcat.home=C:/Dola/tomcat
> -Dwebapp.path=C:/Dola/tomcat/webbapps/projecta

the word "webbapps" is misspelled.

Now the error message makes a little more sense, but
"specified directory 'quote' does not exist" would
have been better!

Thank you very much, Joe.

Dola

Posted by Joe Riopel <go...@gmail.com>.
Dola,

Posted by David Grace <pr...@dutchie.net>.
Hi all,

Netbeans is open source as well and is also definitely rapidly evolving.
My experience is Netbeans is more mature, has more built in features and
is more stable. But everyone has there own opinion.

Dave.

Posted by David Kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
FWIW, I switched from JBuilder to Eclipse several years ago, and could not
be happier.  I recall a few hours of frustration at the start, but I don't
recall exactly what.  Eclipse has a decent Emacs keystroke mode which is a
requirement for me...

Tim

Posted by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Steve Ochani <oc...@ncc.edu>.