Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Ludmila Shikhvarg <Lu...@oracle.com> on 2011/02/23 22:00:47 UTC

No targets specified

logging-log4cxx-make & apr-iconv-make projects are failed with:

Command Line

make

Output

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/logging-log4cxx.xml:
</project>
−
<project name="logging-log4cxx-make">
<make/>
<depend project="logging-log4cxx-configure"/>
</project>

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/apr-iconv.xml:
</project>
−
<project name="apr-iconv-make">
<make/>
<depend project="apr-iconv-configure"/>
</project>

Both, logging-log4cxx-configure & apr-iconv-configure are successful.

Ludmila

Re: No targets specified

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-03-01, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>> Correct

>> This is unexpected.  Just to double check, starting from

>>   <project name="logging-log4cxx-configure">
>>     <configure>
>>       <arg name="--prefix" path="dest-@@DATE@@"/>
>>       <arg name="--with-apr" project="apr-make-install" reference="home"/>
>>     </configure>
>>     <depend project="logging-log4cxx-autogen"/>
>>     <depend project="apr-make-install"/>
>>     <home nested="dest-@@DATE@@"/>
>>   </project>

>> you have modified the descriptor to read

>>   <project name="logging-log4cxx-configure">
>>     <configure>
>>       <arg name="--prefix" path="dest-@@DATE@@"/>
>>     </configure>
>>     <depend project="logging-log4cxx-autogen"/>
>>     <depend project="apr-make-install"/>
>>     <home nested="dest-@@DATE@@"/>
>>   </project>

>> and now Gump claims it wouldn't be responsible for building the project.
>> Correct?

> No, it says:
> configure: error: APR-util could not be located. Please use the
> --with-apr-util option (logging-log4cxx-configure)
> configure: error: APR could not be located. Please use the --with-apr
> option (apr-iconv-configure)

Ah, that's a lot more what I expected.

APR has changed the layout of its installation and apr-iconv and
logging-log4cxx haven't adapted to this changed layout, yet.  AFAICT
there is no way to make either of them build with APR trunk.

> See my modification below:

> <project name="logging-log4cxx-configure">
>    <depend project="logging-log4cxx-autogen"/>
>    <depend project="apr-make-install"/>
>    <home nested="dest-@@DATE@@"/>
>  </project>

> This project is not built by Gump.
> *Current State: *Success

Yes, you just told Gump to do nothing, so it doesn't do anything.  In
particular it doesn't do what the -make project needs it to do.

I'm sorry, but there is no way to make the projects build - apart from
providing patches to the iconv and log4cxx projects so they can work
with more recent APRs.

Stefan

Re: No targets specified

Posted by Ludmila Shikhvarg <Lu...@oracle.com>.

Re: No targets specified

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: No targets specified

Posted by Ludmila Shikhvarg <lu...@oracle.com>.

On 2/28/2011 9:17 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>> This is supposed to run the configure script.  Can you post the output
>>> it creates inside Gump's logfile?
>> Sorry for a misleading.
>> Initially logging-log4cxx-configure&  apr-iconv-configure are failed with:
>> "for APR... configure: error: the --with-apr parameter is
>> incorrect. It must specify an install prefix, a build directory, or an
>> apr-config file"
>> And then pass if "--with-apr" is removed.
> After you removed --with-apr then Gump says "This project is not built
> by Gump"?
Correct

Re: No targets specified

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.