Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andy Jefferson <li...@ajsoft.net> on 2004/03/28 14:47:43 UTC

Maven 1.0-rc2 and xdoc : processing of ampersands

Hi,

I've an xdoc document that previously (with rc1) had lines like
<a
href="http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86139&amp;package_id=95353">

That is, it includes an ampersand in the URL, and xdoc previously processed
this by removing the &amp; and putting & in the end-result page.

I run this in rc2 (with whichever version of the xdoc plugin) and I now don't
get the ampersand processed like this ... it just leaves it all in there, and
hence when I look at the resultant HTML, a browser just ignores the trailing
&amp;.... part !!!

Fine, I thought, I'll just put a URL as normal. Well if I do that, xdoc now
just aborts in the processing step with

Error on line 13 of document file:/home/andy/work/JPOX/xdocs/download.xml :
The reference to entity "package_id" must end with the ';' delimiter. Nested
exception: The reference to entity "package_id" must end with the ';'
delimiter.

Is there now any way of getting a URL with ampersands in them to be processed
via rc2? If so, how ?

Thanks
--
Andy

Re: Maven 1.0-rc2 and xdoc : processing of ampersands

Posted by Andy Jefferson <li...@ajsoft.net>.
On Sunday 28 Mar 2004 13:47, Andy Jefferson wrote:
> I've an xdoc document that previously (with rc1) had lines like
> <a
> href="http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86139&amp;packa
>ge_id=95353">

The mailing list and my mailer stripped the  URL down as well ... that line
should have ended
group_id=86139&amp;package_id=95353

i.e with &amp; instead of &

--