Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2004/04/10 00:14:12 UTC

GumpifiMavenification (was Re: Jakarta Commons Gumpification)

> Yep, theres lots to discuss about this. We could use any pointers you
> can supply,

Any chance you could use your favourite list archive to look for messages
with 'Maven' in the subject for 'gump' and (more historically)
'jakarta-gump'? [I'm not sure if the eyebrowse index is working or not.]

This might be a lot to ask, but we've had a number of good conversations
with Brett Porter on this topic, and I think you'd find them interesting.
[Gak, eyebrowse does seem dorked still, or I'd point you to there one where
I ask about group/artefact ids.]

Please let me know if this is problem, and if so, I'll forward some salient
ones.

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/gump_repo/gump_work/update_jakarta-commons.html

> I notice we already have a few commons projects getting run
> by gump.

More than a few, most if not all, see:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-commons/index.html#All+Projects

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-commons-sandbox/index.html#All+Projects

I'd like to discuss a migration plan whereby we start exercising more and
more to Maven (or use Maven in parallel to Ant) for Gump, *BUT* without too
much destabilization (since you seen plenty of green there). Perhaps pick
projects with minimal dependencies, and start with them.

regards,

Adam