Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2009/09/26 02:06:03 UTC

HBase 0.22 -> HBase 1.0

It looks like Hadoop is planning to bump to 1.0 after 0.22, and are considering an API freeze at 0.21.

    - Andy

Re: HBase 0.22 -> HBase 1.0

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Futhermore, I'm waiting with bated breath for a nonversioned rpc for hadoop.

On Sep 26, 2009 3:20 PM, "Andrew Purtell" <ap...@apache.org> wrote:

No, Stack was talking about Hadoop's API freeze. The main reason why HBase
has been hitched to Hadoop's versioning thus far is that each Hadoop
version's API is incompatible with the previous in some significant way (to
HBase). It would be great to move beyond that.

  - Andy

________________________________
Are you saying we should consider freezing the API also? Bruce On Sat, Sep
26, 2009 at 8:54 AM, s...

Re: HBase 0.22 -> HBase 1.0

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--

“Discovering...discovering...we will never cease discovering...
and the end of all our discovering will be

Re: HBase 0.22 -> HBase 1.0

Posted by Bruce Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: HBase 0.22 -> HBase 1.0

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.