Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Imtiyaz <im...@yahoo.co.in> on 2004/05/18 07:32:16 UTC

xupdate query

hi all

  i am new to xindice
 i am using win 2000 and jdk 1.4

 the sample code give for xupdate in xindice 1.0 is not working
it giving run time error and through the command line xpath query
also not running

whether xupdate is bug for xindice or some alternative for this

plze send me some solution as earlyas possible

Re: xupdate query

Posted by Imtiyaz <im...@yahoo.co.in>.
hello sir,

thanks for giving reply,

now sir its working fine

i am using xindice 1.0 and xupdate also working through java

sample programme.

sir now my probleam is

i want to write same  java programme using servlet

and i want to know how to used xindice in tomcat ?

i am not getting how to configure xindice in tomcat

plze send me some servlet programe using which

i can perform DDL and DML  opertion with xindice db.

what is the meaninf of Jetty Version of xindice ?

Jelle Alten <je...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Imtiyaz,

What sample code isn't running? Java code? Where did you get it? Was it designed for 1.0 or for 1.1? The current version is 1.1, so the sample code might not work with 1.0.
What is the run time error you got?
The command line tool should work fine, are you running the Jetty version of Xindice? What error do you get from the command line? On what commands?
I don't understand you question about xupdate... Tell us more. Xupdate works for version 1.1.

Would love to help as soon as you give us more information.

Jelle

Re: xupdate query