Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/07 15:32:59 UTC

[Shale] Clay - Parser possible bug

Hi,

I run frequently in this kind of exception :

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unmatched ending non-optional token: Node
token range (4 324 - 4 328) on line# 114 begining offset 4 260.
</a>
	at org.apache.shale.clay.parser.Parser.findBeginingNode(Parser.java:221)
	at org.apache.shale.clay.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:290)
	at org.apache.shale.clay.config.ClayTemplateParser.generateElement(ClayTemplateParser.java:110)
	at org.apache.shale.clay.config.ClayTemplateParser.loadConfigFile(ClayTemplateParser.java:87)

The html code is too long to post it here but I validated it and it is
correctly formed. This bug seems to happen when I format it with
Eclipse. I just need to retype everything and it runs again. I think
it is an issue with tabs characters. To be sure I would like to
replace the tabs characters with space but I can't find the option in
WTP Eclipse. Seems to have disappear, weird... I'll try to do some
more experiements.
--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: [Shale] Clay - Parser possible bug

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Ok the bug seems stricly related to the <a/> element. It happens when
you put tabs instead of space to between the differents attributes.

For example, <a  href="#"/> with pass if the characters between 'a'
and 'href' are spaces and not a tab character.

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada