Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2015/11/25 16:26:53 UTC

TLS certificate configuration in Tomcat 9

All,

Is the PEM-based certificate configuration available for both JSSE-based
and APR-based connectors in Tomcat 9 at this point? The documentation
says e.g. the "certificateFile" attribute is for "OpenSSL Only", and
when I try to launch Tomcat using the NIO connector and a PEM-based
certificate file, Tomcat says that the keystore is corrupted (even
though no keystore was actually specified).

-chris

Re: TLS certificate configuration in Tomcat 9

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
>:

> All,
>
> Is the PEM-based certificate configuration available for both JSSE-based
> and APR-based connectors in Tomcat 9 at this point? The documentation
> says e.g. the "certificateFile" attribute is for "OpenSSL Only", and
> when I try to launch Tomcat using the NIO connector and a PEM-based
> certificate file, Tomcat says that the keystore is corrupted (even
> though no keystore was actually specified).
>
> No, you really have to use OpenSSL, so either the APR connector, or the
NIOx connectors with the OpenSSL implementation. You will get warnings as
well if you don't use the appropriate properties for your connector.

Rémy