Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net> on 2003/10/24 21:41:33 UTC

Patterns and Authentication

I can't seen to do the pattern matching on a pipeline
to work when using authentication.

I successfully got the Authentication Framework working
properly (thanks Laurent Trillaud for the link to the
mailing list archive).

Here is the match:

    <map:match pattern="info/*.html">
        <map:act type="auth-protect">
            <map:parameter name="handler" value="authhandler"/>
            <map:generate src="{1}.xml"/>
            <map:transform src="styles/main.xsl"/>
            <map:serialize type="html"/>
        </map:act>
    </map:match>

The value of {1} is blank when its under the <map:act>
tag.  If I pull out the action it works just fine.
Is there something I need to do to retrieve the
{1} data?

Thanks,

- Brent

Re: Patterns and Authentication

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Brent L Johnson wrote:
> I can't seen to do the pattern matching on a pipeline
> to work when using authentication.
>
> I successfully got the Authentication Framework working
> properly (thanks Laurent Trillaud for the link to the
> mailing list archive).
>
> Here is the match:
>
>     <map:match pattern="info/*.html">
>         <map:act type="auth-protect">
>             <map:parameter name="handler" value="authhandler"/>
>             <map:generate src="{1}.xml"/>
>             <map:transform src="styles/main.xsl"/>
>             <map:serialize type="html"/>
>         </map:act>
>     </map:match>
>
> The value of {1} is blank when its under the <map:act>
> tag.  If I pull out the action it works just fine.
> Is there something I need to do to retrieve the
> {1} data?

Brent,

Since the generate is inside the map:act, and you're trying to access the match from one level "up"
(the map:match), you need to use the syntax: {../1}

HTH,

Tony