Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2024/03/04 10:46:48 UTC

Re: First time contribution to ZK. Attn: Patrick Hunt, Andor Molnar, Flavio Junqueira

George,
thanks for sharing your patch.

A couple of thoughts below

Il giorno mer 21 feb 2024 alle ore 02:57 Liz George
<e....@salesforce.com.invalid> ha scritto:

> Hi Zk dev experts and users.
> We are currently considering this change to Apache Zookeeper code. Details
> are outlined  in this ticket

You did well in sharing the patch here on the mailing list and sending out a PR.
Can you please target the "master" branch in the PR ?

> This code change is to improve how ZK handles taking snapshots during
> leader elections. Any review of this code change would be appreciated.
> Specifically if there are any risks, or if this seems like a valuable fix
> to have that we could push to the community at a later date if needed.

Are all the tests passing ? CI is not running the tests probably
because the PR is not targeting the master branch

> Rishabh is the engineer who has made this change in a private env. Please
> can you add your comments to the Jira ticket itself or email him at
> rishabhrai.mail@gmail.com (Cc me as well Pls)

Could Rishabh subscribe to this mailing list ? We could miss adding him
We prefer discussing all together here in the mailing list.
JIRA is not good for "discussions" because folks have to follow JIRA
notifications and for many people they are not taken much into
consideration.

Thanks
Enrico