Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by swamy <sw...@softima.com> on 2008/05/14 13:12:19 UTC

problem in svn configuration

Hi Friends,

I am swamy, I am new to linux, I have a one problem when configuring the
subversion in apache, I installed apache-2.2.8.tar.gz,installed the
subversion and mod_dav_svn using the yum command.whenever I configured
the httpd.conf and start the apache i got error, error was "httpd:
Syntax error on line 54 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into
server: /usr/lib/libsvn_fs_base-1.so.0: undefined symbol: db_create".I
do not know how to slove this problem ,if any one know please mail to
me.It is very urgent.

Thanks and Regards

swamy.

Re: problem in svn configuration

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 14, 2008, at 08:12, swamy wrote:

> I am swamy, I am new to linux, I have a one problem when
> configuring the
> subversion in apache, I installed apache-2.2.8.tar.gz,installed the
> subversion and mod_dav_svn using the yum command.whenever I configured
> the httpd.conf and start the apache i got error, error was "httpd:
> Syntax error on line 54 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
> load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into
> server: /usr/lib/libsvn_fs_base-1.so.0: undefined symbol: db_create".I
> do not know how to slove this problem ,if any one know please mail to
> me.It is very urgent.

db_create... sounds like maybe a BerkeleyDB function. Try installing
db44, db45, db46.... ideally whatever version of BerkeleyDB the
Subversion binary you're installing was originally built with.